Plant based classic italian pasta meal
Serves 4 people
- 350g brown spiral pasta (gluten-free if required)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 x (800g) can diced Italian tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 x (425g) can brown lentils, drained
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Start by cooking the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all the other ingredients and cook, stirring regularly for 7-10 minutes.
- Divide pasta between four bowls, top with bolognese sauce and sprinkle with nutritional yeast flakes
Macronutrients may vary slightly based on the brands/products used