Classic Indian Spiced Chicken
- 8 chicken thighs
- 200ml natural yoghurt
- 3 tbsp Tandoori paste
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt & cracked pepper
Note: for a lower fat meal use chicken breast
- In a large bowl, mix together the yoghurt, Tandoori paste, lemon juice salt & cracked pepper. Set aside.
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with some paper towel. Use a sharp knife to make a couple of slices in the thickest part of each thigh. (This will allow the marinade to sink in).
- Place the chicken in the Tandoori sauce and allow it to marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200℃/395℉/Gas 6. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Next, heat the grill. Brown the skin of the chicken on each side of each piece for 2-3 minutes. Basting with any extra marinade as you go.
- Transfer chicken to the baking tray and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices are clear.
- Once cooked, transfer to a warm dish, cover with foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- CALORIES 429
- PROTEIN 38g
- CARBS 6g
- FATS 29g
- FIBRE 4g